In 1998, Marc Assael was TEPCO Chair Visiting Professor in Keio University, Tokyo, Japan, while during the years 2007-2012 he also held the position of Adjunct Professor in Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China.
He has published more than 175 papers in international journals, 156 papers in conference proceedings, 29 chapters in books and 9 books. In 1996, his book Thermophysical Properties of Fluids: An Introduction to their Prediction (coauthored by J.P.M. Martin & Th.F. Tsolakis) was published by Imperial College Press (a greek edition is published by A. Tziola E.), while in 2010, his book, Fires, Explosions and Toxic Gas Dispersions: Effects Calculation and Risk Analysis (coauthored by K. Kakosimos), was published by CRC Press. In 2011, Commonly Asked Questions in Thermodynamics (coauthored by S. Will, A. Goodwin, M. Stamatoudis and W.A. Wakeham) was published by CRC, whle in 2014 he coedited with A. Goodwin, V. Veovic and W.A. Wakeham the Experimental Thermodynamics Volume IX: Advances in Transport Properties of Fluids, published by RSC Press.
He is acting as a referree for most journals in the area of thermophysical properties, while he is also an Associate Editor of the scientific journals
- International Journal of Thermophysics (Springer, USA)
- IChemE Transactions Part D: Education for Chemical Engineers (IChemE, UK)
and a member of the Editorial board of the scientific journals
- High Temperatures High Pressures (Old City Publishing, USA)
- International Review of Chemical Engineering - Rapid Communications (Praise Worthy Prize, IT)
- ISRN Chemical Engineering (International Scholarly Research Network, USA)